ACKU Kumite/Freestyle Training
Some ACKU students wish to develop their ACKU karate skills further for Tournaments.
Club members do Kumite/freestyle sparring in the clubs.
Partners work together and wear full protective equipment.
Benefits of ACKU club partnerwork training include:
- Improve the speed, distance and timing of your karate basics, with a partner
- Increase strength and endurance while having fun.
- Sharpen the mind – improve concentration and creativity.
- Learn to think and react under pressure.
- There may be body contact in this course, if distance and timing is off.
- Protective gear is used as a source of protection only if necessary.
- Partnerwork helps build self esteem and confidence.
- All participants must wear protective gear.
- This includes helmet, mouth guard, elbow pads, hand protectors, groin protectors, chest guard and shin/instep protector.
- There is also a fun long sleeved KUMITE T-shirt that participants wear.
- These items are listed under “Store” and must be ordered NEW for each student through the office or your instructor.
- No other equipment is allowed.
- No second hand sales or transferring of equipment is permitted
1. jab, reverse punch
2. front kick, lunge punch
3. roundhouse kick, ridge hand
4. side thrust kick, back fist
5. back kick
6. axe kick, reverse roundhouse kick
7. forward, rear leg sweeping
8. take downs
9. turning techniques
10. crescent, reverse crescent kick
11. body shifting techniques