Starting / Prices
- *January 2021 update. All clubs are currently closed.
We are waiting for the next Provincial announcement to determine when we may reopen.
- How do I register myself or my child for ACKU karate?
- Look at the ACKU Club list.
- Choose the club you think you might go to the most frequently.
- Check the club calendar and make sure there is a class.
- Go to the class. Arrive about 10 minutes before class starts.
- Watch the class and meet the instructors.
- Sorry no free or trial classes.
- You may sign up at the club but we prefer you register online, with email or over the phone.
- The instructors will give you all the forms to complete.
- You pay the instructors.
- We accept E-transfer, cash and cheques.
Annual Membership Fee:
Individual membership fee is $35 annually.
Family membership fee is $55 annually.
Monthly Karate Training Fee:
$59.00 for one family member
$99.00 is the family rate two or more.
- These fees include the GST.
- You must register, complete all forms and pay before any karate training starts.
- “Family classes” does not mean you have to be in a family, you may train on your own or with your family members.
- Family is immediate family only, such as father, mother, brothers and sisters.
- There are no contracts. Pay month to month.
- Your membership fee is good for one year.
- If you train in one class, you will owe for that month.
- Everyone starts as a white belt.
- Your home club never changes, (unless it closes) even if you stop training at your home club and move to another ACKU club or clubs.
- We require that you wear a uniform that is purchased from ACKU.
- The instructors can sell you your uniform.
- You will also need a crest. Choose either the Wolf or the Canadian flag.
- You do not need to call ahead.
- Once you have joined a club, you can go to ANY CLUB ANY TIME. No additional fees.
This may have to change according to new COVID-19 rules, which include:
Each facility may have varying rules. Ask your instructor.
All persons in the facilities will be required to wear a face mask.
This includes the one parent who is dropping off and picking up their children.
All persons in the facility must maintain a 2m social distance.
Please do not stay and watch your child during the class.
We understand that this may be difficult for the CHOPS class, so only 1 parent/guardian is allowed in the building while their child trains.
All persons must complete a COVID screening form prior to attending class.
Some clubs have additional COVID rules, please discuss with the instructor.
Do NOT attend class if you or any members of your family are feeling sick or have been exposed to potential contamination in any way.
- If you have questions, you can call us at (403) 232-0228
- Or, email us at email@example.com
Monthly Fees Allow Unlimited Training at All Clubs!
- Individual Rate: $59.00 (gst included)
- Family Rate: $99.00 (gst included)
Family rate includes two or more persons in an immediate family
Visit the ACKU Store and browse our complete range of karate uniforms, equipment and supplies.