Starting / Prices
- Some ACKU Karate Classes resume in September 2021.
City of Calgary gymnasiums are not yet available for user groups.
- How do I register myself or my child for ACKU karate?
- Look at the ACKU Club list.
- Choose the club you think you might go to the most frequently.
- Check the club calendar and make sure there is a class.
- Go to the class. Arrive about 10 minutes before class starts.
- Watch the class and meet the instructors.
- Sorry no free or trial classes.
- You sign up at the club.
- The instructors will give you all the forms to complete.
- You pay the instructors at the first class.
- We accept E-transfer, cash and cheques.
- Please bring cash or a cheque to your first class.
Annual Membership Fee:
Each student pays $35 annually for membership.
Monthly Karate Training Fee:
$59.00 for one family member
$99.00 is the family rate two or more.
- These fees include the GST.
- You must register, complete all forms and pay before any karate training starts.
- “Family classes” does not mean you have to be in a family, you may train on your own or with your family members.
- Family is immediate family only, such as father, mother, brothers and sisters.
- There are no contracts. Pay month to month.
- Your membership fee is good for one year.
- If you train in one class, you will owe for that month.
- Everyone starts as a white belt.
- Your home club never changes, (unless it closes) even if you stop training at your home club and move to another ACKU club or clubs.
- We require that you wear a uniform that is purchased from ACKU.
- The instructors can sell you your uniform.
- You will also need a crest. Choose either the Wolf or the Canadian flag.
- You do not need to call ahead.
- Once you have joined a club, you can go to ANY CLUB ANY TIME.
No additional fees.
- COVID-19 Rules
Our clubs are open in accordance with the most recent provincial changes.
We follow the Restrictions Exemption Program.
All persons in the facilities are required to wear a face mask.
This includes the one parent who is dropping off and picking up their children.
All persons in the facility must maintain correct social distance.
We understand that this may be difficult for the CHOPS class, so only 1 parent/guardian is allowed in the building while the child trains.
Do NOT attend class if you or any members of your family are feeling sick or have been exposed to potential contamination in any way.
- Proof of vaccine (or proof of exemption, or proof of testing) is required for all those over age 12.
- If you have questions, you can call us at (403) 232-0228
- Or, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Fees Allow Unlimited Training at All Clubs!
- Individual Rate: $59.00 (gst included)
- Family Rate: $99.00 (gst included)
Family rate includes two or more persons in an immediate family
Visit the ACKU Store and browse our complete range of karate uniforms, equipment and supplies.